(Winston-Salem, N.C. – (Oct. 11, 2023) – Wake Forest University Professor of Music Peter Kairoff has been inducted into the Steinway & Sons Teacher Hall of Fame in a ceremony in New York City. The Hall of Fame recognizes educators who “foster passion, creativity and discipline in the next generation of piano artists.” He joins distinguished educators from across the U.S. and Canada.

“I must say, it was really humbling to see my name on the wall of honor at the Steinway factory next to some of the giants in the piano world whom I’ve admired all my career,” Kairoff said.

Kairoff has been with the Department of Music since 1988. He has also served as the longtime Director of Casa Artom in Venice, Italy. He has performed globally as a pianist and harpsichordist and has published eight critically acclaimed CD recordings, on the Albany and Centaur labels, including works of Bach, Schubert and late-19th-century American composers.

Kim McGrath for Inside WFU

Dr. Peter Kairoff speaks with Jeffrey Griffin, host of Triad Today on WSJS. Triad Today is a live morning news magazine following the latest in local and national entertainment, sports, and news.